Thursday, July 2, 2009

No word on new recruit [EDIT]

Although Chuck Martin mentioned that there would be six freshmen on next year's team, the actual name of the sixth freshman will not be released for some time.
According to my source, Marist may not reveal the name until the fall semester is about to start. He likened it to the Javon Parris signing.
Many of you were wondering so I felt I would pass that information along. When a name is officially announced, you will know. It could be later rather than sooner, however.

[EDITED] To clarify, when I say the Javon Parris situation, I'm referring to the date when the signing was announced. Both Kaba and Parris were announced on September 5th. The similarities between the player and Parris are in date only.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Subject: The Captain signs NCAA Division 1!

2008-09 CBA Captain, Menelik Watson, has been offered and accepted a full athletic scholarship to attend Marist College.

¨We have been blessed in our 2 years to have had quality human beings and talented players in our Academy but nobody has exemplified these 2 characteristics as much as Menelik. Menelik has had to overcome tremendous personal hurdles to get this opportunity and all of us here at CBA are very proud of him. Although the relationship CBA and player is coming to an end, Menelik knows CBA will always be his home away from home.¨ said Rob Orellana, CBA director.

Menelik had this to say, ¨I still can´t believe I signed the letter of intent to attend Marist College. Apart from the birth of my daughter, this is the happiest day of my life! From the beginning Coach Orellana said to trust him and CBA and that with hard work everything would work itself out for me. Well it has and now I can´t wait to get to Marist¨


Marist College play in the Metro Atlantic Metro Conference where Menelik will play against fellow brit Justin Robinson of Rider University

We wish Menelik all the best with his basketball Career at Marist